Sunday, May 04, 2008

Why not?

An AIM haiku war against Alex Guppy in Taiwan. He's in bold. I'm not:

light swings back and forth
what happens in the middle?
decapitation

Well let me tell you.
A geometric prism.
Reveals ROYGBIV


geometric lives
disregard the middle space
what's between the lines?

Lines aren't what matters.
Consider the middle space.
It's what you don't say.


say it or don't say
something is always left out
when something is said
(or not said)

I am no linguist.
But unspoken semantics,
we ought leave that way.


at least once a day
i want to scream "shut your trap"
mostly to myself

You do not have to,
I constantly tell myself.
Here we go again.


right now i smell smoke
i half wonder whats burning
i half crave pancakes

a proper lady
I poor syrup on her breasts
ain't proper no more.


proper's just a word
is that garbage in your hand?
or something pure gold?

King Midas' touch
couldn't turn your heart into gold.
You're like Mr. Grinch.


I like Mr. grinch
he could pour syrup on me
if it gave him kicks

I have to confess
if he chose you over me
rampant jealousy


jealousy's a bitch
i would rather close my eyes
than wish to be her

I would be Tommy
For twenty minutes inside
of Pamela Lee


who's to say you aren't?
the matter tommy uses
comes from where you do

you speak blasphemy
pagan theoretician!
god made me unique


your are not unique
if you are in his image
three cheers for keystone

misunderstanding
infinity's properites
yields false conclusions

i have no knowledge
infinity and nothing
are Siamese twins

such idle chatter
i suppose you would argue
morals yield Hitler


art school reject
stiffled creativity
so what else is new

Get a job you bum.
Art is for hippies. MEMO:
We left Vietnam.


i bet a dollar
you can't go one day sans art
even in the grave

You'd make such a bet.
The odds are stacked against me.
I'm rolling over.


if you climb that tree
(don't say I didn't warn you)
there will be a snake

Is it poisonous?
I hear a rattle. A baby?
Oh, cute! Tiny fangs.


what a perfect match
rattle snakes and small babies
keep them occupied

Matchpoint by Woody.
So of I am reminded
in Yoda speak. Luke!


i need to study
sometimes rain checks are needed
this is on such time

the Taiwanese sun
is so quickly approaching
i'll wave it your way

2 comments:

Alex said...

Oh, man. You beat me to it!

Tiny Dancer said...

wow, impressive. isn't that guy from nslc? very cool. and he even mentioned the exact thing that led me to my blog title. crazy.

Followers