If this makes me a total geek I'm OK with that.
But the coolest thing happened to me today.
I go running as a productive way to kill stress.
Today the stress is articles for the paper I promised to write,
the fact that I lost yet another credit card
(my scatterbrain ways get me so down on myself,
I'm actively working on not sweating the small stuff, though).
If I didn't do something good, I knew I'd do something bad.
So I tie up my sneakers to de-stress.
I was nearing the end of my jog
and decided to walk the last bit through the woods
because I've been under the weather and didn't want to overexert.
It's all dark green and brown because it just rained
The forest is two shades darker.
I'm looking at the ground in front of me
thinking out a spur-of-the-moment idea
for a modern-day paraody of a well known fairy tale
that come to mind as I thought of walking into the woods
(go figure)
I'm almost back to the street when I look up
blending into the surroundings, maybe 20 feet away
is a very small light brown deer
looking striaght at me - defintely saw me before I saw him
(bet that made him less frightened).
I didn't even know they lived in these woods.
Well deer have always been the creatures
that have the most calming presense on me. It's alsmost fool proof.
A staring contest between me and the deer is initiated.
He didn't move (love at first sight??).
But I knew if I kept watching him, he'd run away
(a metaphore for relationships??)
I turn away and walk towards the cliff a bit
He's still looking. I turn back around,
begin to walk towards home on the path.
He prances a bit farther, then turns around again.
I stop. he actually walks towards me a bit.
I sit on a log and let him walk passed,
jump out of the woods through a neighbors yard.
That's all.
we'll call the contest a tie?
I walk home.
Little things like this really help me restore my faith in...whatever.
3 comments:
Guess the movie BAMBI was not one of your favs...
Living in the middle of nowhere, I witnessed deer in every setting when I was younger. They're beautiful creatures, but incredibly incredibly stupid.
the forest brings you gifts like that and move away from it. mon amour exécuté à lui.
Post a Comment