Sunday, October 26, 2008

Sorry

Haven't been writing because my life has been immersed with writing for work and grad school preparation. After all that (50 + hours of news writing and many more on top of that revising and creating new fiction) the blogs been put on the back burner.

I was working on a few things for the blog, but honestly I am beginning to feel a little bit awkward writing about my life when there are so many more important things going on in the world. These elections have really been on my mind. I can't wait to vote. My sister came home from Iraq and I'm thinking of interviewing Iraqi war veterens for a documentary (get in touch with me if you're a vet for more details- i want to get real with this .)

I'm in the midst (crossing my fingers)making a renting agreement for a nice little cottage on Sunset lake in Hampstead. My computer is broken (fuck if I ever by a thing from HP again.)

My therapist says I need to stop thinking about the future and live in the present. I think she's right. I also think I am falling in love with someone who adores me and it feels so good. It feels so good. So good I've been singing and strumming the guitar again.

In case you are really so bored that you're legit. pissed at me for not writing (or it is really that interesting here?). I don't know. Go read this news article:

http://www.livescience.com/health/060824_memories_erase.html

Scary shit. What does it even mean to be human anymore if our brains are just programmable motherboards.

hope you all are well.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I suppose I've been selfish. I'm sorry.

These things happen when the days and weeks and months all start melting together.

Lindsay said...

No reasons to feel sorry. You are enjoying life and I would so much rather know that than know that you are missing out on life in order to document it as that always seemed ironic to me.

Anonymous said...

welcome back. is love always the answer? especially a love tried twice?

The Disquieting Muses said...

Love is always the answer. Even if tried 1000 times.

Lindsay said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Disquieting Muses said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Followers