Friday, October 12, 2007

Explorer


Tonight I'm Heading out on a 10-day tour of of North Karnataka, followed by five days of exploring the coast of Kerala in Cochi and Travundrum. Then it's off to the North for three weeks of field work in Rajasthan, Delhi, Jaipur, Agra, and New Delhi.

I'll be rocking the old-school pen and notebook while I'm exploring. I can't guarantee as many stories in the next couple weeks, but I'll definitely try to get to a computer here and there.

When I come back to Mysore I'll be working at a local evening newspaper called The Mysore Mail, talking with journalism professors at the University of Mysore, and getting the real newspaper experience in South India. And of course, the stories will return full force. Until then, there's always my archives and links to hold you over :).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Although i'm sure you've already figured all of this out by now here are some pointers about living in India...

Don't drink the water unless its been boiled
Never accept water from a shop keeper if its already open.
Don't eat foods from the street vendors.
Eat local food (each state has its on type of food so stick to eating that)
Drink a ton of water and if possible get your hands on something called electrol it'll help you keep hydrated.
If you get sick and get medication check the expiry of it and that goes for all other products that are sold there.
keep all you belongings well out of sight or take them out as little as you can.
Don't wear jewleary (fake or otherwise).
Never go out alone this goes doublly for girls.

Thats all i can think of right now let me know if you have any questions.

Tiny Dancer said...

ummm this isn't really about this post but i didn't know where else to put it. that picture of you is hot. just thought you should know. haha becca no wonder that drunk guy tried to kiss you!

Followers