Just curious...
1) If you think about how you really think the world should be, what rules people should follow to have the ideal space for every single person, what are they?
2) With these in mind, do you live by them? Do you follow your own knowledge? And if you don't, why do you think you don't?
3) What makes a better breakfast: leftover Chinese food or leftover pizza?
5 comments:
1) The most obvious is to just do what you want as long as you don't harm someone else. That's not fun though. Everyone should have to introduce themself to one stranger every day. Not saying you are forced to have a conversation with the person. Just a simple, "Hello, I'm ______. How are you?" Could easily just walk away after that or continue talking.
2) It would really make me a happier person if I did this. Maybe I should do it. The awkwardness of the situation isn't even the issue here. Just that a lot of people probably wouldn't respond in many situations, so after a while, I'd be left feeling defeated.
3) Most Chinese food doesn't re-heat well. Definitely pizza. 97% of the pizza in this world tastes better the next day.
1) It's impossible to have the ideal space for every single person. Bill Cosby once said, "I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody." And it's true. You just can't make everyone happy. In my opinion, what really matters is taking care of the people you care about. Identify the most important people in your life and do something everyday to maintain this relationship. Be friendly and open to relationships with everyone else. And try not to kill the people who you really hate.
2) For the most part, I guess I do live by this. It has it's drawbacks, though. The first one being that if you spend all this time worrying about other people, it leaves little time for yourself. But I've found that more often than that, the relationships with the people I care about are what make me happy. I don't lean on people when I'm upset. That's just how I am. For me, feeling like people need me to help them is how I deal with pain. So for me, it works. But it definitely wouldn't for everyone. Some people need to be more selfish than others. And I'm not saying that as a bad thing. It's just the truth.
3) Definitely pizza. Pizza is stellar the next morning. Although ice cream makes a pretty good breakfast too...
Each human being on this planet is an individual with unique needs and desires. Therefore, there is no such concept as a "perfect" space. That's the downfall of some peoples' actions -- the desire to achieve perfection. Tiny Dancer's answer sums it up quite nicely. The surest way to help others is to first figure youself out and to learn to love yourself. Charity starts at home. Now for the easy question; pizza makes the best leftover breakfast!!
1)I really dont't like rules very much. I think all you need is one. Live and let live.
2) I try to.
3) No question - Pizza.
I'm going to stop asking these kinds of questions now.
Post a Comment